Friday, November 29, 2013

A Review on: RUN FOR THE ROSES by Rachel Schieffelbein



Rachel is not only a good friend but a fantastic critique partner as well. I'm so lucky to have her eye on my work. It is my pleasure to introduce you to the newest short story by Rachel, RUN FOR THE ROSES.

Wrapped up in the 80 pages is a fantastic story ARC and wonderfully built characters. The emotions are genuine and real. We get it all, love, loss, determination, victory and defeat. I want to spend more time with Chase and Abby, but I don't have to. This story is that well written.

Probably the coolest aspect to this tale is the authenticity that comes with Rachel's experience with horses. The reader can easily tell that we are in the head of a true competitor, and one who lives and breathes the show horse world. The story is written in such a way where we don't feel like the internal dialog is dumbed down for those readers who know little to nothing (aka: me) about horses, and yet I understood everything perfectly. And most importantly, I can understand and relate to how much this competition means to Abby and what she's given up to get here.

Another very well executed tale by Rachel. I am so, so proud of this talented woman.


2 comments:

  1. Yay, glad Rachel has written another winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you so much, Kelley!! I feel extremely lucky to have you as a cp. :)

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Then type in your email and follow me!